Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Crafts


Here is the latest craft I've been working on. I have signed up to participate in the 2007 annual holiday craft swap provided by Freshly Blended Blog. To start i submit ed my address and then they sent me eight other addresses to send an ornament to and in return i will receive eight ornaments for my Christmas tree. so i have been working vigorously on crafting my ornaments. i chose to create a dove ornament out of white felt with gold stitching. I also decided to send a christmas card with floating snowflakes and some trimming. check out my pics.


So first i had to cut out all my little doves, two sided.
Then i sticthed around the dove with gold thread adding a nice gold ribbon to hang the dove on the tree by the center of the body. but i didnt stich together the wings so that they could be free flying. I am a button fantic and have billions of buttons but none the color i needed. so i rounded up al my white buttons and painted them the perfect shade of gold and used some crafty glue and adheared them to the doves.
for the card i used paperstock, velume, and metalic silver flakes. i stitched the boarder with a nice gold zig zag with the blue card stock on the bottom and vellu on the top and stuffed the metallic flakes in the middle. I finished the card off with gluing a white square in the middle and adding some triming to the boarder with a nice little pine stem in the corner.



No comments: